5 Basic Principles of Reading Workshop
* Time - Students need time to investigate texts and read independently.
* Choice - Students get to choose the books that they will read independently.
* Response - Students frequently respond to what they are reading in their journals and through discussions.
* Community - Each student is both a learner and teacher. We can learn from one-another how to become better readers.
* Structure - It is important to understand the value of reading, responding, sharing, and listening to our peers.