5th Grade Homework Policy
Thank you for your continued support at home. We will be assigning homework for ELA, Math, Science, and Social Studies. The assignments for each subject area are as follows:
- Read for at least 30 minutes each night and record on the reading log.
-Complete at least 20 minutes of IXL skills per week.
- Beginning in October, students will complete weekly thinking work.
- Complete activities as assigned.
After much thought and consideration, we have selected the activities above because they will review, reinforce, and extend the material that your child has learned in the classroom. Our focus is quality homework activities rather than quantity. Please help your child practice good homework habits.
If homework is not turned in on the due date, the Late Policy is as follows:
- 1 day late = Missing homework will be recorded by the teacher. Student is expected to make up the missed work that night.
- 2 days late = Parents and students will be notified by email. Student is expected to make up the missed work that night.
If homework is consistently turned in late, the teacher will schedule a conference.
Homework is a chance for your child to practice and reflect on his/her learning.
Thank you for your cooperation. If you have any questions, please email or call your child’s subject teacher.
The 5th Grade Teachers