4th Grade Homework Policy
Thank you for your continued support at home. We will be assigning homework for Reading, Math, and Word Study. The assignments for each subject area are as follows:
- Read for at least 20 minutes each night.
- Complete a weekly reading log in your student agenda. Parents can sign daily or on Thursday night to submit on Friday.
- Complete Google Classroom assignment or math worksheet.
** If there is no worksheet, complete an activity from the Math Menu.
- Complete spelling activities as assigned.
After much thought and consideration, we have selected the activities above because they will review, reinforce, and extend the material that your child has learned in the classroom. Our focus is quality homework activities rather than quantity. Please help your child practice good homework habits.
If homework is not turned in on the due date the Late Policy is as follows:
- 1 day late= verbal reminder with no penalty.
- 2 days late= Homework slip will go home for parent signature.
- 3+ days late= Email or phone call.
Homework is a chance for your child to practice and reflect on his/her learning.
Thank you for your cooperation. If you have any questions, please email or call your child’s homeroom teacher.
The 4th Grade Teachers