4th Grade Homework Policy
Homework assignments will be posted on Google Classroom
(This policy has been updated for 2020-2021)
Thank you for your continued support at home. We will be assigning homework for Reading, Math, and Word Study. The assignments for each subject area are as follows:
- Read for at least 20 minutes each night.
- Complete a weekly reading log in your agenda and submit on Friday with parent signature.
- Complete math worksheet or online Google HW assignment.
- Complete spelling activities as assigned - this could be in your workbook, pencil and paper, or a Google HW assignment.
After much thought and consideration, we have selected the activities above because they will review, reinforce, and extend the material that your child has learned in the classroom. Our focus is quality homework activities rather than quantity. Please help your child practice good homework habits.
If homework is not turned in on the due date the Late Policy is as follows:
- 1 day late= verbal reminder with no penalty.
- 2 days late= Homework slip will go home for parent signature.
- 3+ days late= Email or phone call.
Homework is a chance for your child to practice and reflect on his/her learning.
Thank you for your cooperation. If you have any questions, please email or call your child’s homeroom teacher.
Fourth Grade Teachers