Reading With Your Child
Reading with Your Child After your child reads a book to you, ask them to talk to you about it. These conversations are just as important as the reading itself. Here are some questions to get you started:
- What did you notice?
- Were there any tricky parts?
- How did you get through them?
- Does this book remind you of anything?
- What have you been wondering as you read?
- Does this book make you think of anything else you’ve read?
- What was your favorite part? Why?
- Was there a part of the book that surprised you? Why?
- Why do you think the author wrote this book?
- What are you going to read next? How did you decide?