Dear Parents and Students,
I hope that everyone enjoyed their summer vacation and is ready for a great year. Below you will find several important pieces of information to prepare you for the 2017-2018 school year.
Our school year begins on Tuesday, September 5, with a full day of school for all students, including the kindergarten children. Pre-K students begin the year on this day with their assigned sessions. (There is no ATB on the 1st day of school.)
Our faculty and administrators have been preparing all summer for the opening of school. While each has had some renewal time, all are excited for the school year to begin.
Upon return, you will find the buildings in their usual sparkling shape. This summer we paved Learning Lane, installed additional water filling stations at Dorchester, painted multiple classrooms and replaced another grade level of desks in both Dorchester and Woodcliff. We also replaced many light fixtures in both schools and installed additional security measures. We are excited and ready to begin the 2017-2018 academic year.
The primary purpose of this communication is to provide you with all of the traditional "August mailing" information which you and your child(ren) need to begin school. Please complete the following:
1. Go to Woodcliff-lake.com to register for our website. You MUST register for our website to be included in important messages and access information from your teachers’ website.
2. Sign up for Constant Contact for emergency notifications, grade specific messages and the Woodcliff Weekly, our weekly district email update.
Click here to register to register for Constant Contact.
3. Please click the links to the upper left of this letter to access student information forms.
STUDENT INFORMATION FORMS MUST BE COMPLETED AND SUBMITTED BY THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!
a. Emergency Contact Form
b. Newspaper/Website Publication Permission Form
c. NJ State Required Ethnicity Form
As in the past, if you have difficulty, please call my Administrative Assistant, Eileen McGoldrick at 201-930-5600, extension 251.
Again, on the upper left of your screen, please view the following:
- School year 2017-2018 Calendar-at-a-glance
- A printable Free and Reduced Milk form in English and Spanish
- Information for purchasing Student Accident Insurance from Bollinger (You can also pick up a mail-in application from in the main office of your child’s school.)
- Dorchester Elementary School Mailing
- Woodcliff Middle School Mailing
- Parent Faculty Association Information
- Educational Foundation Information
We encourage you to keep track of your child’s progress on PowerSchool (grades 5-8). Parents find this system very helpful. Teachers keep electronic grade books and parents will have access to their own child’s achievement through a login on the website. (The PowerSchool access portal will be closed at various points in the year so teachers can access information necessary to complete report cards.) Please note: there is a PowerSchool app that you can download on your smartphone.
After the Bell
Again, this year, we are excited to continue our after-school childcare program called After-the-Bell. This program provides quality childcare for those children (K-5) who are in need. Additional information can be found on our website under the Online Payments tab.
Dorchester parents, please be sure to read the dismissal procedure letter included in the Principal mailing on the Dorchester page of the website. This is where you will find general dismissal information and instructions on how to use our new PikMyKid app.
We are very proud of the quality of our faculty and administrators here in Woodcliff Lake. Please do not hesitate to contact any of us at any time. Your child's success is our success. We are partners in the most important activity of your child . . . education.
Sincerely,Lauren BarbeletSuperintendent of Schools