Dear Parents and Students,
I hope that everyone enjoyed their summer vacation and is ready for a great year. Below you will find several important pieces of information to prepare you for the 2019-2020 school year.
Our school year begins on Tuesday, September 3, with a full day of school for all students, including the kindergarten children. Pre-K students begin the year on this day with their assigned sessions. (There is no ATB on the 1st day of school.)
Our faculty and administrators have been preparing all summer for the opening of school. While each has had some renewal time, all are excited for the school year to begin.
Upon return, you will find the buildings in their usual sparkling shape. This summer we constructed a second STEM lab at Woodcliff Middle School, renovated the hallway bathrooms in the 4th and 5th grade wing at Dorchester Elementary School and continued to enhance our security cameras and card access. Multiple classrooms have been painted and additional desks purchased. We continued to replace light fixtures in the classrooms of both schools. The faculty and administration are excited and ready to begin the 2019-2020 academic year.
The primary purpose of this communication is to provide you with all of the traditional "August mailing" information which you and your child(ren) need to begin school. Please complete the following:
- First, sign up to receive Constant Contact emails for grade specific messages and the Woodcliff Weekly, our weekly district email update. The Constant Contact link is available under the “Important Links” section on the bottom of our district website or you can click here to register.
- Next, sign up to receive Emergency Notifications and weather-related school delays/closings via text and/or email through our One Call Now system. The link is available on the District page of the website or click here to register. If you registered for One Call Now last year, you do not need to register again.
- Finally, please click the links to the upper left of this letter to access the important student information forms.
I you have difficulty, please call my Administrative Assistant, Eileen McGoldrick at 201-930-5600, extension 251.
Again, on the upper left of your screen, please view the following:
- Mandated Emergency Contact/Publication Permission Form (due 9/3/19)
- Dorchester Elementary School Mailing
- Woodcliff Middle School Mailing
- Parent Faculty Association Information (PFA)
- Educational Foundation Information (WCLEF)
- A printable Free and Reduced Milk form in English and Spanish
THE MANDATED EMERGENCY CONTACT/PUBLICATION PERMISSION FORM MUST BE SUBMITTED BY THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!
We encourage you to keep track of your child’s progress on PowerSchool (grades 6-8). Parents find this system very helpful. Teachers keep electronic grade books and parents will have access to their own child’s achievement through a login on the website. Please note: there is a PowerSchool app that you can download on your smartphone.
After the Bell
Again, this year, we are excited to continue our after-school childcare program called After-the-Bell. This program provides quality childcare for those children (K-5) after school hours. Additional information can be found on our website on the middle navigation bar.
Dorchester parents, please be sure to read the dismissal procedure letter included in the Principal mailing on the Dorchester page of the website. This is where you will find general dismissal information and instructions on how to use the PikMyKid app.
We are very proud of the quality of our faculty and administrators here in Woodcliff Lake. Please do not hesitate to contact any of us at any time. Your child's success is our success.
Superintendent of Schools